Sunday, February 14, 2010

SOS Handicapes - Another South Shore Organization to Turn to When in Need

I came across a pamphlet at the Primary International School in Greenfield Park Friday.

It is an organization called "SOS Handicapés". The website is www.soshandicapes.org

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this organization. I wasn't - I don't think.

They are located on the south shore. Their clientele includes people with all kinds of special needs, many of which fall within the scope of our organization (Rapid).

Except they seem to target people who are applying to them as a "last resort".

They are trying to raise $30,000 to buy a hyper-baric chamber... and have ambitious fundraising targets apart from that also.

Pretty interesting - worth checking out.

The other thing that caught my attention was their website - it is a good example of how simple it can be.

Oh yeah, one other thing - there was a nice little table which had these brochures and some other ones on it. The principal happened to walk by just as I was standing there and I asked her if it would be alright to put some of our brochures there. No problem, I was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment